Job Title: Intern
Department: External Affairs
Reports to: Manager, GreatPhillySchools
Effective Date: 1/1/2023
The Intern reports to the Manager, GreatPhillySchools. The intern will provide general support to the Elevate 215 organization and will specifically focus their work in support of the GreatPhillySchools, Apply Philly Charter and Communications & Development teams. The Intern will provide event support, engage in outreach efforts to schools, organizations and partners and assist in the development of communications materials including social media and email campaigns.
The internship is a part time (15-20 hrs/week), paid, temporary position for spring 2023, with an opportunity to continue through summer 2023. The internship will require in-person work, with an opportunity to perform some tasks remotely with prior management approval.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support major event planning and execution.
- Outreach to schools and early childhood providers to ensure accuracy of the information on the GreatPhillySchools website, print guides and the Philly High School Fair website.
- Help post school job openings on the TeachPHL website.
- Manage and respond to messages in the GreatPhillySchools’ and TeachPHL infoboxes.
- Contribute to social media and communications for GreatPhillySchools, TeachPHL, Apply Philly Charter and Elevate 215.
- Support mass text messaging and mass-email campaigns, including maintenance of contact information in text message and email databases.
- Support graphic design and editing of suite of promotional materials.
- Data entry and other administrative tasks, including distribution of outreach and marketing materials.
- Research possible financial supporters and create profiles for review by the Development team.
- Clean and log communications in our Salesforce system.
- Support website updates for GreatPhillySchools and TeachPHL.
- Participation in meetings, as scheduled.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Commitment to the mission of Elevate 215: Elevate 215 is a catalyst for preparing students for the world of tomorrow by modernizing the learning experience in Philadelphia schools today. We do this by: investing in schools and talent, collaborating with our partners, expanding access and resources for families, and advocating to create the conditions for success.
- Desire to work in a goals-driven organization.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively, juggling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work two mornings a
- Proficient in Google products, especially Google Docs and Google Sheets.
- Proficient in InDesign is strongly preferred.
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft office, especially Excel experience with data entry, compilation, and cleaning is a plus.
- Proficient in social media, with experience using Canva is a
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- Interest in education, communications or marketing is a plus.
Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required such as:
- Traveling to offsite meetings – valid driver’s license and/or access to transportation when necessary ;
- Functioning in office space — reaching file cabinets, filing, faxing, scanning, coping, typing, mailing, making phone calls;
- Must be able to sit for up to two hours looking at a computer monitor, using a keyboard/mouse and typing.
Email cover letter and resume to Molly Farley, Human Resources Consultant, at Molly@mfconsultantsllc.com.
Elevate 215 is an equal-opportunity employer with excellent benefits and an entrepreneurial, results-oriented work culture. Salary is commensurate with experience.