Job Title: Coordinator, Projects – Access Initiatives
Department: External Affairs
Reports to: Manager, GreatPhillySchools
Effective Date: 8/12/2022
The Coordinator, Projects – Access Initiatives reports directly to the Manager, GreatPhillySchools (GPS). He/she will play a key role in supporting the successful execution of key projects related to GreatPhillySchools, specifically ensure the quality of GPS data and resources and to build awareness in communities across the city.
The Coordinator, Projects – Access Initiatives will serve as the primary point of contact with schools and early childcare providers in order to effectively maintain and update the GPS website and print resources and to lead data collection and verification for the website and school-directory publications. The Coordinator, Projects – Access Initiatives will also lead efforts to promote school selection resources and events on social media and as part of paid marketing campaign. S/he will also provide event support, playing an integral role in planning and executing the annual High School Fair.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
School and Provider Communications
- Primary point of contact for K-12 schools and early childhood providers for all GPS resources and services.
- Responsible for drafting and sending regular email communications to school and early childhood contacts to solicit profile updates, make announcements, and share resources and other information.
- Provide technical support to schools and providers to assist them with making updates to their GPS profiles.
- Develop and execute family and community email campaigns in collaboration with the Manager, GreatPhillySchools.
- Collaborate with the Manager, GreatPhillySchools to develop and execute GPS communications strategy for schools, providers and families.
Data Collection and GPS Ratings
- Responsible for collecting, reviewing and verifying qualitative K-12 school and ECE data to be published on the GPS website, guides and related tools in collaboration with the Manager, GreatPhillySchools.
- Responsible for collecting, reviewing, and verifying qualitative and quantitative K-12 private school data to be published on GPS website, guides and related tools and to be used in the GPS ratings, in collaboration with the Manager, GreatPhillySchools.
- Assist the Manager, GreatPhillySchools and other Access Initiatives and Elevate 215 team members in the annual production and review of the GPS ratings.
- Work in collaboration with the Manager, GreatPhillySchools and other Access Initiatives and Elevate 215 team members to facilitate quarterly OCDEL refresh of ECE data.
Content and Resource Creation
- Create and update website content articles for all covered topics.
- Assist the Manager, GreatPhillySchools in annual updates to and production of the K-12 school guides and toolkits and early childhood toolkit.
- Ensuring timely distribution of GPS resources by managing delivery vendor, tracking orders, and monitoring inventory.
- Work in collaboration with the Manager, GreatPhillySchools to promote GPS resources and events in alignment with GPS annual marketing strategy.
- Co-lead the execution of major event planning, including the annual High School Fair, with the Manager, GreatPhillySchools.
- Co-lead the execution of the Virtual High School Fair with the Manager, GreatPhillySchools.
- Collect and report data on website traffic, user engagement and social media results (using Google Analytics and other tools).
- Responsible for making content updates to the GPS WordPress site.
- Support the Manager, GreatPhillySchools in management of GPS data on the Salesforce.
- Support the Manager, GreatPhillySchools in management of and improvements to the GPS website, including working with the GPS technical vendor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Commitment to the mission of Elevate 215: Elevate 215 is a catalyst for preparing students for the world of tomorrow by modernizing the learning experience in Philadelphia schools today. We do this by: investing in schools and talent, collaborating with our partners, expanding access and resources for families, and advocating to create the conditions for success.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written, and a passion to develop relationships with stakeholders.
- Ability to build strong relationships across diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience working in family support and/or family facing roles, preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with CRM database(s), Salesforce preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
- Proficient in Google Drive products (i.e. Google Sheets, Google Docs).
- Experience using social media, with the ability to plan out social media strategy including the use and development of graphics, preferred.
- Experience working with a technical vendor.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with experience and ability to distill complicated principals to lay audiences.
- Ability to multi-task and lead projects with multiple and overlapping deadlines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience
Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required such as:
- Traveling to offsite meetings – valid driver’s license and/or access to transportation when necessary;
- Functioning in office space — reaching file cabinets, filing, faxing, scanning, coping, typing, mailing, making phone calls;
- Must be able to sit for up to two hours looking at a computer monitor, using a keyboard/mouse and typing.
Email cover letter and resume to Molly Farley, Human Resources Consultant, at Molly@mfconsultantsllc.com.
Elevate 215 is an equal-opportunity employer with excellent benefits and an entrepreneurial, results-oriented work culture. Salary is commensurate with experience.